Friday, June 17, 2011

a paranoid mommy

I just want Eric to have a very special birthday this year call it an obsession. I've been working on party decorations for weeks and have been planning and prepping and doing all that I can. I know that he wont even remember any of the things I'm doing for him but with a baby due next month I just can't help but make sure that everything is as it should be for him. Todays big drama was the cake decorating. I finished it up and looked back at my work just to hear my husband lean over and say okay just put the pans lid on top of it. My heart just about fell out of my chest. The cake is taller than the pan I put it in and it would be ruined in seconds. Hours of work gone in seconds would be the consequence. So while I'm sure everyone present was thinking that this pregnant women is crazy and paranoid I was thinking how can I keep this cake safe till the party tomorrow. well I built the cake it's own house out of a box and tape and plastic wrap. It is now as safe as it can be and air tight. Sometimes I just need to think really hard and not give in to the easiest thing.
the box next to the cake became it's house.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers