Sunday, June 19, 2011

Eric's birthday party

Yesterday was Eric's birthday party. His birthday is this Wednesday but because all the family has to travel to come we decided to do it Saturday. It was a total success. My parents came into town Friday night and Jason's parents and sister and her family came in Saturday morning and then we also had some friends come over for the party. It turned out to be a lot of fun. Everything turned out better than I thought it could. It was perfect weather and good food with a party atmosphere. I don't think it could have been any better except for the fact that I'm a little more than a month away from having a baby but for my kid's happiness I'll do just about anything. This morning we switched gears and celebrated Daddy and my Dad for Father's day. So much fun in a weekend now we can relax a little and look forward to our baby girls arrival into our family and looking at the calendar she could be here before we know it.
the monkey cake to go along with our monkey theme. I think this would have to be the best cake I have ever done. Thanks to my friend for lending me the tools to make it possible.

 Mr. Birthday man

 Josh was as happy to party as everyone else. I think he had the most fun at the party. He spent the whole time wearing his party hat and smiling telling everyone that it was his brother's party.
 Party decorations that I made.

 The birthday banner that my friend Jamie made for Eric.

family sitting around the party table before the party started.

 Pictures of the monkey decorations that I made for Eric.

 Pin the tail on the monkey another monkey that I made for the party. I think making your decorations makes the party that much more special.


 Josh standing next to the monkey game.

Eric opening his gifts

Eric was so happy to receive a monkey puppet.

 Eric dug right into the cake as soon as we placed it in front of him.

 After the friends had left we blew up the pool that Eric recieved for his birthday and Josh Eric and Dilyn went swimming, but Dilyn couldn't hold still long enough for me to get a picture of him to so all the pool pics are of Josh and Eric.

Eric after everyone had gone playing with his new toys and wearing his PJ's that Nana and Papa gave him. this was the close of a very good day.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers