Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer School

My kids have learned that there is no such thing as a summer break at our house I just can't see why taking three months off of school is good for young learners. So in our little at home summer school I had Josh working on his numbers using a dice which by the way he is a pro at and writing me a story. I'm very impressed with his ability to spell and come up with interesting stories. Eric also worked on his numbers he knows his numbers 1-10 out of order, in order, but he is still working on his ABC's but given that his 3rd birthday is this Friday I am so impressed with the ability he has shown me already. He is also working on signing his ABC's at the same time. I find that it helps kids minds to multi task while learning. Josh has been great helping Eric to sign his letters.

Apple
By Joshua

A apple is on a tree. A apple fell on the boy's head. He walk home, he eat the apple. His pig is gone. Why is my pig gone said the boy, but the apple is gone to. BOOM! aaaaaaaaah! Mom! When the girl is fighting, the boy is looking for his pig. One big party. The end


I will tell you that Josh wrote 90% of this story without me and spelled most of the words right.
 these days Josh is usually always wearing some form of super hero cape. I find it very enduring.

Part of Josh's story before he finished it.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers