Monday, June 4, 2012

The Big Birthday party

Saturday was the really big birthday party for Eric and Dilyn. Dilyn's birthday was on the first and Eric's will be on the 22nd, but three years old sounds so big to me. It sounded pretty big to my sister in law too so we decided to throw a super big joined birthday party for both Eric and Dilyn. It's been so fun having Eric and Dilyn be the same age. They are good natured competers. Eric is gentle and sweet and Dilyn is all sports and fun, they make a really good pair of fun loving boys. The party was a sesame street theme complete with a super cool bounce house and a Elmo pinata. Dilyn had lots of friends come and the boys loved playing with other kids and making new friends. It is always so fun to be with family, after the party we all decided to go swimming due to how hot it was, but of course none of the adults brought swimsuits but my sister in law was able to out fit the whole family with appropriate attire for swimming. Now that may sound like no big deal but if you have ever seen my sister in law she is soooooo skinny. There was a time when I thought I could never dream of fitting into one of her swimsuits but I can!!!!!! and not only fit it was actually a bit big for me! Unfortunately we were having so much fun swimming that everyone forgot to take any pictures, so unusual for the Kjar women. It was a really fun weekend and the next time we are all together it will be for lake Powell which we are sooooooo excited for.
 Dilyn having fun in the awesome bounce house which I might add some of the adults had fun in too, myself included.

 Kyle peeking out of the bounce house, he is such an easy goofy picture target. Got to love brother in laws!

 pretty Eden playing in the shade, oh and can you tell she was eating grass?

I caught Josh and Eric holding hands. This is pure brotherly love, they hold hands when they are in unsure circumstances. I think all the party guests that they didn't know made them stick together more than usual. Something I love very much about my boys, they love each other.

 introducing Elmo!

 Eric taking a hit at Elmo, he was actually being super gentle to Elmo unlike his cousin Dilyn, a very dear characteristic of Eric.

 Josh swinging with all his might! I think Josh took off Elmo's leg

 Dilyn beating the candy out of Elmo, Dilyn finished Elmo off nicely.


 Candy dive!

Elmo after the kids finished beating on him.

 Cake time!

 Jenna accidentally forgot the  candles so we improvised at the party.
 First Dilyn blew out the matches then Eric had a turn.

 Eden loved her share of the cupcake. Now she is all ready for her birthday next month.

 The boys gave Dilyn flip flops. Eric received matching ones too.

 Eric was most excited about receiving his very own life jacket. Now he is all ready to go to Lake Powell.

 Jason tried to take a picture of Eden and myself but he didn't focus the camera. Eden and I matched for the party!

It was a really fun party, probably one of the funnest. Next birthday party is Eden's 1st birthday party next month. It truly is amazing how fast time is flying!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers