Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Style

I admit that I'm a bit of a control freak and when my kids walk out the  front door every day I want them to look a little well put together. I mean I'm not going to refuse them to go to school if they have wholes in their pants knees because frankly I can't afford new pairs of jeans every month and well every pair of jeans Josh owns has wholes in the knees. I do insist that their clothes match so as a result I have dressed my kids every day of their lives but as my husband reminds me frequently our six year old must learn to dress himself and take responsibility in small doses and that includes getting oneself dressed for the day. I mean how many adult men have their mommies still dressing them?

So I asked Josh to please dress himself, it took some coaxing but he did it. When he walked out ready to go to school I had to really control myself from bursting out laughing because he is at such a tender stage but as he explained to me everything on his outfit matched which it did. We did make one small change to his outfit before he left for school and that was exchanging the shorts for pants, which Josh was more than happy to do. I'm proud of him for making a good outfit choice on his own. Lesson for me  next time is to make sure that there are enough pants choices in his drawer and to teach the rules about clothes like no tube socks with shorts and winter vests should probably go with pants.
The picture before the pants change and the real reason we changed the shorts for pants was it is still just a bit to cold for shorts.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers