Friday, July 13, 2012

Unorganized Dr's office

I really don't like to go to the Dr's for me. I don't mind taking my kids in for check ups, but for me I don't cherish those times when I myself am the patient. It means I have to admit I need help from someone other than my husband. After yesterday I really have little trust for the office staff at my Dr's office. Now I know what my husband is going to say, "Let it go Brianne they made a new appointment for you." but heck I just really need to vent and this seemed to be a good place so that others can avoid the same experience. I know that I'm blowing it all out of proportion more than it needs to be that could have something to do with the fact that I'm tired. I just got back from a fun but energy draining vacation. So here it is..... Yesterday I had an appointment with my Dr. I just changed Dr's recently and this was to be our first visit. You know the visit to establish trust. I walked in and signed in with the front. The lady who was sitting at the desk asked me to come over that there was a minor problem. I asked her what the problem was and she responded with, "honey, you have come in on the wrong day." Sounding like she is talking to a small child who doesn't understand her. I was very confused and tried very hard to think back did I make a mistake? I didn't think so I'm usually very good at dates but I could have been wrong. She then says, "your appointment isn't till August 27." still keeping with the voice that you would use with a small child. I felt very wronged at this point I needed to see the Dr. and only family would understand why it was that important. I kept looking towards the door waiting for my husband to come in a save me as he usually dose but he was busy trying to park the car and get the boys up to the office so I was on my own. I kept trying to explain to this lady who I felt was the one loosing it that my appointment was for the time I had come in, but she would not budge from her stance that I had come in on the wrong day. Finally giving up I asked her to please move my appointment to a closer date and had to leave the office. I was very upset by the fact that I was leaving the Dr's office without receiving any of the help I had come seeking. I had made the effort to see that my husband could come with me and I was having to leave. I went home and looked at my appointment card and it read, appointment 7/12 at 12:00pm. I then got mad all over again. It was still eating at me this morning so I called the Dr's office and talked to the lady in charge of scheduling and she told me that it showed that I had rescheduled my appointment yesterday for a later time. I lost it at that point and told her what had happened that I had come in for my appointment and that I had been told I had come in on the wrong day and given the later appointment. I told her that I felt that I had been wronged and that I really did need to see the Dr. and asked if this kinda thing happened often. She responded with of course it never happens.
So now I must wait to see the Dr. for another time. I must now see the nurse practitioner because the Dr's schedule is full. Now tell me how is trust suppose to be established after this incident?

Okay I've vented for my day and learned that I should always bring in that little appointment card when I see the Dr. because you never know when you will meet a front desk lady that is two apples short of a full basket.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers