Sunday, February 28, 2010

health and sickness

Our house was attacked by a very vicious virus this last week. First Eric started nasty coughing and small temps. The temps turned out to be another tooth coming in and I see more that will be in in the next week. This kid teethes fast. Then Josh got the nasty and shared it with Daddy who is still suffering from it. Then I finally fell victim to it. Last week church was canceled due to 18 inches of snow over night so I was really ready to fill my spiritual cup but after getting to church we realized that Josh had a nasty fever. So after Sacrament meeting I took both boys home in total disappointment and frustration feeling like I was not getting the spiritual break I was in desperate need for. We also did not get to the temple because everyone was sick so I was really low on my levels. I was trying to remember that the reason we are here on this earth is not to have it easy all the time but to be tried and tested. To feel the pains and pleasures of life that also includes getting sick. My boys are very strong little guys they rarely ever get sick but when they are I feel the stress that every mother feels when her most precious are not feeling well. Thanks to my mother I know how to check an ear to see if it is infected. The answer is yes Josh has a nasty infection and thanks to children's Tylenol and modern medicine it will be cleared up in a matter of days. Tomorrow the Dr. will give us the prescription needed to get rid of the ear infection and get our happy boy back
In the picture you can see he is being a really good sport but you can also see he dose not feel good.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oooo, thats a fun trick! How do you check an ear to see if its infected? Im intrigued.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers