Wednesday, August 31, 2011

numb

I went to the dentist today and had my filling removed and refilled and capped because a fifteen year old filling cracked. I noticed yesterday that my dentist looked a little young but you never know how old men are these days and I always pictured dentists as older men because I have only ever had older dentists. So today as I was sitting in the dentist's chair not really wanting to begin but knowing I had to, my dentist asked me how old I was. I responded with I'm 27 because it's close enough and my mom keeps reminding me that my birthday is just a month away. He then looked at me and said I'm two years older. My response was, with my eyes revealing my shock I blurted out your the same age as my husband.The dentist then turned to his assistant and made the comment about a song that came out when we were high school age. Apparently she was still in elementary school at the time.  I guess it never occurred to me that Jason and I are the same age as many young professionals. You know your getting older but sometimes it hits you harder than other times.
So now I'm sitting here trying to drink my orange juice and struggling because half my mouth is still numb as is my brain. Lesson to the young take good care of your teeth because fixing them hurts.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers