Wednesday, March 14, 2012

mornings

What does your mornings look like? My mornings are a hectic battle of get kids dressed, fed and out the door before the bell rings at school. But let me elaborate just a little more, my husband was at home just a little longer this morning and showed me just how crazy it is when trying to get the kids out the door for school. I thought just a little more about it and this is what a normal morning looks like for our family.
Alarm goes off, we push the snooze button, ten minutes later the alarm goes off again and we decide we better get up, its off to the kitchen for me to make breakfast for my family, eggs and ham for my husband and cereal for my boys and egg whites for me. Then we get dressed the pace is starting to pick up as I run around trying to find a outfit that would make Josh happy. ( you think girls are picky?) Then I'm trying to get Eric into something too. Then I need to feed the baby. After feeding the baby speed is really picking up I start telling the boys to get their shoes on and coats, five minutes later I'm strongly telling them to get their coats and shoes on then I'm franticly grabbing coats and kids and shoes. then I realize that shoes are missing and we have to go on a scavenger hunt for the shoes under beds and in closets and under couches or behind.Then I realize that I still need to make Josh lunch that is thrown together hastily but we still need to get out the door. I push the kids out the door at this point realizing that coats are not zipped but thank goodness for velcro shoes. We run to the school just in time to give Josh a quick kiss, tell him I love him and to make good choices and watch him walk calmly into to his classroom. Thats when the calmness can finally return to my body and we are able to walk slowly back home.
This is usually what my mornings look like and I'll tell you I wouldn't change anything except maybe where I put their shoes the night before.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers