Monday, May 16, 2011

Tender moments

I took a look at the calendar the other day and realized that I'm now down to ten weeks left of this pregnancy if I'm lucky and I mean that in the sense of keeping baby girl happy inside of me till then. Nothing scares me more right now than a baby that comes way to early, well there are other things that scare me too but that one is top on my list. Now I'm really starting to feel the scramble to get things done and ready for a baby because ten weeks will fly by fast. My days lately have been more like minutes in time and my weeks feel more like days. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I still feel like I just found out I was expecting this precious bundle of joy now, I'm looking at the end of the pregnancy and asking myself how am I going to be a good mommy to a five year old who is getting ready to go to kindergarten and a almost two year old who is still so very much a baby in so many ways. I felt these fears creep over me when I was expecting Eric and everything worked out just fine for our family so I know it will all work out a third time. Josh walks around the house pretending to have a baby princess in his arms. You know it is probably the sweetest thing I've seen Josh do. He loves babies, always has but this baby girl has already stolen his heart. He can't wait to be a big brother to a sister. I've caught him trying to teach Eric the proper way to hold a baby using stuffed animals. I don't know where he gets his super tender heart or knows that Eric needs practice because we as parents are not pushing it but I'm grateful he has more of a sense of mind to do it. Now If I could just get those last little chores done and actually be ready for this baby like I wasn't ready for my first two kids. They came early and I was so not prepared. I'd actually like to be prepared for once. We have the paint for the baby room now we just have to find time to paint the blue room to a pretty pink now all I'm missing is a changing table but that seems to be something that is hard to find, only because I don't wish to spend a lot of money but I'm sure in the next ten weeks I'll find something that works for our family.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers