Monday, May 2, 2011

Busy weekend

Last weekend was a busy weekend for us, as a matter of fact the next month and a half of weekends is busy for us. We have planned projects and the list is getting longer every day. I think I'm nesting, I do this with every baby a few months before the baby comes I get the need to organize and prepare my home I think it's because the last month of pregnancy I can't do anything so I cram it all in while I still can, the only down side to that is my poor husband has to do a lot of work with me when I know he would rather be relaxing ( but he says he loves the work I give him). Anyways last weekend there were several projects that needed to be done. First was the boys room needed a make over and the crib needed to go back to the soon to be baby's room. I love the new look and so do the boys I have one or two more projects for it but it turned out adorable and there are no more pen marks on the walls. Josh knows that art work belongs on paper not walls. The boys have made a wonderful transition together since Eric is now sleeping with Josh in the big bed. We couldn't get rid of the queen bed because we have family that visits frequently and we didn't have room for another bed and all the toys so we put the boys in bed together it has been a pretty easy switch. It's not for ever but while they are small I see no problem. All the toys are now in the boys room as well so in a couple of weeks Jason and I will be painting the baby's room that's another project we have lined up. We also ripped out the planter in front of our house where nothing grows and put in white rock we need to paint the eight inches of house that shows now but that's another weekend and we will eventually be putting in a bench. Jason also fixed the sprinklers in the back and mowed the lawn and fertilized. I'm surprised he didn't drop dead Saturday night from all the hard work, he even stayed up late with me to watch a movie just the two of us. so now we are prepping for our next project. Happy times!
Before we painted

 Jason painting the walls

 Finished project

 Another shot of the boy's room 

 Jason working on the front planter

 
Josh found a worm and made it his pet for the after noon sadly it did not last after he took it in the sand box with him. I hope now Josh knows not to put worms in sunny sand boxes.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers