Monday, October 11, 2010

Mini Vaca

Okay I guess our family is turning into obsessed travelers.The first weekend in October we visited Jason's parents in Folsom this weekend we went to visit my parents in Fresno. I've got to tell you we have been having so much fun with family lately. With my parents we went to the Simonian farms to visit their pumpkin patch and pick up fifty pounds of tomatoes, 25lbs of peaches, one dozen bell peppers and fun things for the kids to eat. If you can't tell we plan on canning this week, lots and lots of salsa and jarring peaches. Our tomato crop this year was really bad so my parents were wonderful and purchased it for us so we can still have a years supply of salsa. Then we went to another pumpkin patch where the kids played on toy equipment, enjoyed the petting zoo and had fun riding the tractor train ride. By the end of Saturday our boys were asleep before their normal bed time I think we drained every ounce out of them. We are so happy to have two sets of parents that love to do things with us and love, love, love spoiling our kids. I didn't mention the toys they bought for the kids as well. Thanks again to my wonderful parents for letting us come for the weekend.

The Simonian farms just out side of Fresno.
Nana and papa with their grandkids.

Both of my boys loved the pumpkin patch

 They had this Haunted caboose. I generally do not like the haunted things because I hate it when things jump out at me, but Jason was able to talk me into trying this one. It was so kid friendly that even Josh was having fun going through it and nothing jumped out at us.



 I thought this bear seat was cute not to mention the adorable boys sitting on them, it was carved out of a large tree stump.


 The entrance to the second pumpkin patch was neat as well. As you walked in you passed under these beautiful grape vines that you could just reach up and grab a grape off of. Of course in our group the only one tall enough to reach the grapes was Jason but we all got to taste the grapes and the boys loved it.



 This horse swing was made out of old tires that they cut up and turned into a swing for the kids

 The petting zoo was fun both of my boys were fearless when it came to touching the animals.,



 They had these tractor train rides for the kids. Jason wanted to go but he couldn't fit so I had to take Eric he loved it once we got going but he was not happy sitting and waiting. The man riding the Tractor was great he had the kids happy and having fun the whole ride around the farm.



 Our 2010 Kjar family Pumpkin patch adventure in Fresno. I'm sure we'll go to the one in Reno as well but a little closer to Halloween.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers