Saturday, August 28, 2010

Marriage

After Josh was born Jason and I felt not as close as we were before the baby came which happens when a new born is in the home so we started going on weekly dates that did the trick. Then as life happens if you just sit back and let it we got to busy to go on our weekly date nights. So a couple of weeks ago on the day of our sixth anniversary I was reminded that as a couple you are on a ladder. You can not stay in the middle of that ladder you have to either be going up or going down. So at that moment I realized I had been going in the wrong direction. So we got back to going on weekly dates with no kids, praying together and reading scriptures together because eternal marriage is more than just being married to someone it is living everyday with the knowledge that you are going to be with this person for eternity. Just as our Sealer told us on the day we were married. Treat each other as if you are going to be together for eternity and you will be happy. Now you may think that going on a date every week is to much money for your situation. I say you can always go to the temple at no cost, go on a walk together, go on a picnic. Get back into the those romantic fun dates that you did before you were married, you know the ones that did not cost anything. If you work with friends and family our children can be watched after. We do not have family that live close by so we rely on good friends to watch our precious little ones and in return I watch my friends precious little ones so they can go on a date with their spouse. It is something that has brought us as a family much closer. It has brought me closer to my friends. We live in a world that does not value marriage and does not believe in happily ever after. I can say that as we work together happily ever after can and will happen. I felt impressed to share my thoughts with you I pray that you will feel free to share your thoughts with me.






These are pictures that represent some of the happiest moments of my life.






1 comment:

karlamsmith said...

Soo important! We have really felt the impact of not getting to go out as regular as we used to when we had family nearby. It's taught is to really value the couple time that we do get! Thanks for sharing.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers