Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Success


We have had a very hard time of potty training Josh. People would give us the know how on potty training and absolutely nothing worked. As parents we were really tried of people telling us that our child had to be potty trained I knew that. As a mother of just boys I have not had that child who walks up to me and tells me their ready. We've been working on Josh for the last six months with absolutely no success till today. I'm so happy for Josh taking the step to potty training. He was so happy with himself. For the last week since I went out and purchased a musical potty chair that sits on the floor I have been making Josh sit on it for 10 min at a time every thirty minutes and I was getting really angry and frustrated that he would wait till he was off the potty to use his pants or the floor. So when I was in the living room with Eric and heard the music from the potty I thought oh Josh is just messing with his potty well the next thing I heard was, " Mommy I did it!" Well I went to see what he had done and yes he had gone and used the potty with out me even telling him to. Now I can feel like a mommy who is teaching her child instead of pulling my hair out in frustration. Good Job Josh! :)

2 comments:

karlamsmith said...

Yay! Way to go Josh!

Kerri Marie said...

Yeah Josh! The musical Potty is what did it for Chloe too. =)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers