Tuesday, January 26, 2010

From Baby to Boy

This being the week that Josh turns four I guess I've been super sentimental so please bear with me as I get my feelings out. I find that my blog is therapeutic when I'm feeling sad or happy or feeling pleased with my children I find it helps to get those feelings out on paper or in this case on computer. A few months ago in the Ensign there was an article about blogging and how we need to be careful what we wright because it is always going to be there. I have tried to do that and I hope that someday my boys will just laugh about how their Mommy loved them so much she wanted to share their accomplishments with friends and family. I've been reading back on my blog to when Josh started Primary I have teared up many times since then I'm not sure why I can't stop the emotional roller coaster. I think it is because Josh is no longer my baby he is a boy and a wonderful one at that he is kind to his friends and his brother. I think all parents go through this where they wake up one day and realize that their babies are no longer babies, because Josh has always been smaller than his peers and very cuddly I was able to keep him my baby a little longer. I think the first time that I had this melancholy about my child getting older was almost a year ago when I took him in for testing and discovered that he had a speech delay and I could no longer help him on my own. I wish I could say that I changed my ways right then and there about cherishing every moment. I read a friends blog that was about how she was starting to really miss the opportunity to have babies and how her children were getting older and she wanted to remind those of us who have just gotten started with our families to cherish every moment. I pray that I can cherish my family because they were a special gift to me and I am so grateful to friends and family who remind me on a daily basis to cherish and love them even when the annoy me. The dishes don't always need to be perfectly done the floors do not need to be scrubbed daily and beds do not always need to be made. Playing with our kids is far more important. I hope I have not gone off on a soap opera I just want each day to be special because every day that I have is one more day I can be with my family.



No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers