Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Well I'm sitting here watching the sun come up on Josh's first day of school and thinking what happened to the time? It was just yesterday that I took my brave little three year old to preschool for the first time just two weeks after his birthday and now I'm taking my five and half year old to his first day of kindergarten. I've learned that time is so precious and it escapes us on a daily basis.
I had a conversation with Josh last night trying to get a feel for how he feels about going to all day kindergarten and his comment was I'm not scared of school just scared of not having any good friends. I have to say that's my biggest fear as well, but my husband and I know that the Lord will be with our special little boy as he continues his journey.
Josh's first day of Preschool age three.
February 2009

 Josh's first day of preschool
August 2009

 First day of preschool
August 2010

First day of Kindergarten
September 2011

I just got back from taking Josh to his first day of school. Most the of the kids were so excited to be at school. Josh walked in confidently ready to make some friends and learn. His wonderful preschool teacher Ms. Kathy who has been part of this journey for the last two and half years came to see him go to kindergarten. I'm proud of myself I didn't cry though I did have a moment of emotion come on I was able to push it aside and watch my baby make a big step in his life with confidence.
Now to give this sweat little boy of mine some attention as Eric was also very brave to watch his brother go to school.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers